Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Series: Photographers On Etsy

This is the first in a series of Photographers I will be featuring.  Each of the photographers are from Etsy.  Enjoy the interviews and please visit their shops. 
 
 
Let me introduce you to Michael Darrell of M.Darr Photography www.etsy.com/shop/MDarrPhotography?ref=si_shop
 
 
What type of photography is your favorite and why? - Anything having to do with nature or wildlife. This world is going through some dark times which can bring a lot of people down and make them feel as if there's little hope, I too have been there. But once you're able to start looking at life, at this world, from different perspectives, it doesn't take long before you're able to see this world still has an amazing amount of beauty left to offer us all on a daily basis. That beauty is what I attempt to capture in every shot I take.

 When did you first start doing photography? - I'd say about 7 years ago

When you're not shooting photos, how do you spend your time? Well I'm usually working. But during my free time you'll find me doing whatever I can to help improve my life. I recently took up meditation which has been an interesting as well as rewarding experience. If I have enough time I tend to find somewhere new to explore, whether it be an old abandoned building, or just going for a walk through the woods. The places I enjoy most are the ones with the least amount of human interaction/distraction

Did you go to school to study photography? If yes, where? No, I have not. I've always enjoyed learning how to do things on my own. If someone is there teaching me what to do, I feel it drains a considerable amount of fun and excitement out of the experience. "Learning as you go" has always worked best for me.

How would you describe your style? - I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm kind of all over the place. I think it all depends on the situation and what I'm shooting at that time. If something catches my eye, I'll try to capture it as best I can. If someone else would like to label me as having a certain style, great. But to me, I'm just someone with a camera enjoying the world around him

 What type of camera(s) do you shoot with? - Nikon D3100. It's a bit outdated, but still does the job for now. I plan on upgrading shortly, I just happen to be a bit torn between Nikon and Canon at the moment.

And now for some of  Michael's work:
 
The Little Things, Crab, Ocean Life, Fine Art Print, Macro Photography
The Little Things, Crab, Ocean Life, Fine Art Print, Macro Photography-  https://www.etsy.com/listing/178911779/the-little-things-crab-ocean-life-fine?ref=shop_home_active_17
 
 
Winter Wonderland, Nature, Snow, Winter Photography, Landscape, 8x10, 8x12, 12x18
Winter Wonderland, Nature, Snow, Winter Photography, Landscape, 8x10, 8x12, 12x18- https://www.etsy.com/listing/179919847/winter-wonderland-nature-snow-winter?ref=shop_home_active_2
 
Castle Ruins, Snow, Winter Photography, Nature Photo, Landscape 8x12, 12 x 18
Castle Ruins, Snow, Winter Photography, Nature Photo, Landscape 8x12, 12 x 18 - https://www.etsy.com/listing/179225322/castle-ruins-snow-winter-photography?ref=shop_home_active_6
 
Sunset Photography, Sailboats, Nautical, Nature Photo, Landscape, Colorful Sky
Sunset Photography, Sailboats, Nautical, Nature Photo, Landscape, Colorful Sky - https://www.etsy.com/listing/178916375/sunset-photography-sailboats-nautical?ref=shop_home_active_12
 
American Flag, Symbolic, A Country Left Tattered and Torn, Patriotism
American Flag, Symbolic, A Country Left Tattered and Torn, Patriotism - https://www.etsy.com/listing/179022579/american-flag-symbolic-a-country-left?ref=shop_home_active_10
 
Aren't these just beautiful?!  Please take the time to visit M.Darr Photography www.etsy.com/shop/MDarrPhotography?ref=si_shop
 
Stop back soon for another interview with another great artist!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment